18 janvier 2007

Better day today?
Teaching, however, went like crap. Only one class, one hour long. Got there 2 minutes late, and the kids were already acting like chimps. They bombed prepositions on the post-Christmas quiz, so I wanted to review that for the first 20 minutes before learning how to tell time. No no, they went from chimps to sheep within that first 20 minutes, and it was all downhill from there. I've tried yelling, singling out the biggest problem makers, being funny, the scary quiet look, everything. The teachers usually do a continuous "shh!" or "be quiet!", but it's about as effective as horses keeping flies off their back.
Dead air, um, dead air.
I resolved that if they never learn prepositions, so help me, I will teach them to sit quietly and listen for 45 minutes. If I had to do this for 35 hours instead of 9, so help me...
This weekend: laundry and internet (sad that I have to program access to internet?), hanging out with Romain (the world-travelling firefighter), and Grace Bretheren mission church on Sunday! Sweeeet.
Best news of the day: Ana Laura, the Spanish assistant from Mexico City, promised to make TACOS FOR DINNER!!!1!!ONE!

Aucun commentaire: