- I yelled at Dr. Mason (yes, at THE Warren Mason, nicest old man ever) for not having a recommendation to me that he promised to write months ago. Turns out I never gave him all the info he'd asked for, so now I get 300 words of generic recommendation crap. And I look like a huge jerk.
- Before leaving campus I asked Miami for 10 copies of my final transcript so I could have them on hand. I come to France, am filling out grad school apps, open one (so I could finally tell Mason the poli sci classes I'd taken) to find out that they send it May 3rd, 3 days before graduation, so it doesn't have my degrees, and my last semester courses are "IN PROGRESS". Now I get to sweat new, final ones getting to me in time. In addition, they're overly watermark-y, and almost impossible to read.
- European schools ask for passport photos with your application, I assume to make it a more personal affair, and to more easily affirmative action me off the list. The only way to do that quickly and affordably is those instamat photo booth things. If they wanted GHOST WHITE KID WITH GRIMACE then they'll know exactly what they're getting. I want my 4 euros back.
- I still don't know what to write in my 'personal statement' or which language to do it in.
- This is all due in Geneva by 31 January.
The only other saving grace is that the Auchan down in St. Panthaelon (the ghetto suburb where I taught this afternoon) found more of the Riesling that I like. EUR 2.73/bottle for white wine goodness.
I'm glad I have a blog back so I can rant at it.
1 commentaire:
never thought i would hear you say that the saving grace of your day would be reisling! i miss auchan. don't panic, ryan, things will work out. they always do in the end.
Enregistrer un commentaire